Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2009

Germinating Grains

Germinating Grains


Simply stated, germination is a series of processes whereby proteins, fats and starches are broken down into simpler forms which can be utilized by the growing plant.
Among a multitude of other processes, all the vitamins required by the growing plant are synthesized in the correct proportion and starches are broken down into sugars which can now be absorbed by the growing plant and used as a form of energy. Proteins are also broken down into their constituent amino acids which can now be absorbed by the growing plant or the animal eating the germinating seed.
One would expect such a living kernel to be a desirable feed for birds and indeed this is the case. That may also be the reason why young birds engorge themselves with feed that has just been vomited (hence also soaked), a feature of the dreaded "young bird sickness".

Selection of suitable grains:

    A suitable grain should
  • be palatable to the birds. No matter how beneficial a substance could be for the birds, it will be of little benefit if they don't eat it.
  • germinate fast. The faster a grain germinates the less likely will mould grow, all other considerations being equal.
  • be free of mold spores.
  • be relatively inexpensive.
Grain which germinates as many mold spores as above is not suitable for germinating even though some of them can be inhibited by spraying vinegar onto the milo after it has been soaked. But clean milo could be such a grain. It germinates rapidly at room temperature, is relished by pigeons and relatively inexpensive. One can take a quantity of milo, immerse it in water in a deep bucket and allow the lighter material to float to the top from where it is easily discarded. This lighter material, much of which would get moldy, is not desired.
Once the floating material has been discarded, the rest can soak for approximately 10 to 12 hours. Any other material which has come to the surface in the meantime can be discarded by decanting the container. The other heavy kernels are poured into a sieve to drain for about an hour.
Once the majority of water has been removed, the milo is put into a covered tray where it can germinate for 1 day.

bon appétit!


Should clean milo not be available, other seeds will do. Soak the seeds for 12 and germinate for 24 - 36 hours.
Germinated canola seeds
Germinated field peas
Germinated wheat
Germinated barley
This page was last up-dated on October 9, 2003

http://www.albertaclassic.net/GerminatingGrains.php

2 comments:

  1. Herpes Finally Gone, thanks to Dr. Utu for his Herbal Treatment.
    I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I was on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight the virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! Feel Free to contact Dr Utu Email:- drutuherbalcure@gmail.com OR WhatsApp :- +2347032718477

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how Dr ehiaguna cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you Dr ehiaguna because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact Dr ehiaguna via drehiaguna@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348073908953 he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus.1 HIV cure
    2 cancer
    3 diabetes
    4 hepatitis
    5 herpes.
    You can contact if you are having any problem...

    ReplyDelete