Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2009

Splicing

Remember first that it will not guarrantee a win for the bird but a
less stressing flight home!! Win or lose, my priority is to see
my "valued" racers back home.

Materials needed:
1. Get the same number/side of flight..kung 6th flight sa right wing
ganoon din ang ipalit..never sa left side kung right side papalitan.
Kumuha ng flight na pamalit sa K na buhay pa, para matibay hindi
brittle. Mas mahaba muna ang kunin kaysa sa papalitang flight.

2. Maghanda ng "stem implant" material at least 2 inches in length.
Ito yung "flexible solid plastic" na ibabaon mo sa loob ng flight.
para matibay.Iwasan yung may butas sa gitna dahil madaling mabale.

3. Maghanda ng "quick drying glue" (Mighty bond ok na)

4. Scissors.

STEP 1. Gupitin o bawasan ng dahan dahan ang broken flight hanggang
umabot sa part na may "hollow" o butas sa gitna. Approx. 1 1/2
inches mula sa base ng pakpak. Isukat ang "stem implant" at ihasa o
bawasan ito hanggang ito ay maipasok, at least 1 inch sa loob ng
broken flight.

STEP 2. Kunin ang "replacement flight" at tignan ang "hollow" part
nito sa base at isukat ito sa broken flight kung tama ang haba ng
nakuha. Cut it to the desired length needed but priority should be
given to the lenght of hollow part kasi doon isusuksok and kabilang
side ng "stem implant" natin. At least 1 inch din ang pwedeng
pasukin ng plastic natin. Mas mahaba mas matibay..tama ba yun
3M..lol

STEP 3. Isubok isuksok ang "stem implant sa" replacement feather at
ang kabila sa broken flight. Dapat magtagpo ang joints o dulo ng
dalawa habang nasa loob ang "stem implant". Make final adjustments
until desired flight is attained.

STEP 4. Apply glue to the "stem implant" and insert it to the
replacement flight. Wipe out excess glue and let it dry.

SREP 5. Insert the other end of the "stem implant" of the
replacement flight to the broken flight..first do not apply glue.
When all is well with you, apply the glue on the "stem implant" and
insert it to the broken flight. wipe out excess glue immediately and
apply baby powder around the joined flights to avoid accidental
sticking on flights.

NOTE: I prefer doing this at night so that the bird and flight will
settle well.
Do not follow the books that advises using pins or toothpick
glued alongside the stem of flights or just applying glue on slantly
cut flights..it doeasn't work as well as the one I prepared.
The success of the splicing lies very much on the "stem
implant" and glue that you use. I was successful in using a cut up
part of a coffee stirrer but you may have some better materials.
Just bear in mind that it should be light, flexible and strong. Test
it to destruction first.

1 comment:

  1. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Hepatitis, HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete